Bring the campfire home peeps! These Microwave s’mores are quick and easy and can be made anytime of the day or year with no need to turn on your oven. With just 3 ingredients, you’ve got yourself an easy dessert in less than 30 secs even the flash can’t beat that. Or can he? Let’s go ahead and show you how to make this quick and easy microwave dessert!
Quick Microwave s’mores recipe
We love s’mores in our home. It’s one of those life’s simple pleasures that have been simplified over the years. No need to do this over the camp fire! We love that version but tired to summer and we all all know summer is that time of the year.
Thanks to the air fryer and microwave we can enjoy this treat all year round. Guilty much? Trust me, you’ll definitely love this recipe because it shows you exactly how to make s mores without a fire.
Follow along on Pinterest
Why you’ll love this recipe
Besides showing you the genius of making s’mores without a fire, here are a few more reasons we think the microwave is great for s’mores.
- Easy: I don’t think s’mores can get easier than making it in the microwave! This is by far the best way to make indoor s’mores.
- Single serving: Making them in the microwave mean you control the servings. No need to splurge. You can always make a single serving for just you if you are alone.
- Safe: The risk of a fire burn is less likely with the microwave so kids can make theirs with minimal supervision. Marshmallow when heated can be hot so bear that in mind when deciding the age of the you want making these.
- No special equipment needed: I’ve heard about this cute microwave s’mores maker and to be honest I really don’t think you need it to make s’mores. I would likely buy them because they are cute not necessarily to make s’mores.
Related recipes: How to melt chocolate in the microwave, Microwave Rice Krispie treats. How to melt marshmallows
These require 3 simple ingredient! How cool is that?
- Graham crackers
- Chocolate: milk or dark chocolate works.
- Marshmallows: The traditional marshmallows used to s’mores are the jumbo marshmallows. That’s doesn’t you can’t use the mini ones if that’s fear you have. The square marshmallows are also available.
- Graham crackers: use any variety of Graham crackers, digestive biscuits are great if you are in the UK or Australia.
- Chocolate bars: you can swap out the chocolate bars with chocolate Chips. You can also make dietary changes by using sugar free chocolate bars or chips.
How to make s’mores in a microwave
This is an overview of the recipe with step by step photos. Scroll down to end of post for a printable recipe card with the amount of ingredients and full recipe instructions.
You can make Microwave s’mores in two ways. First you need to break the chocolate bars into 2 tiny bars and each graham cracker into 2 to make a square.
In a microwave safe plate, Place chocolate on one graham square and one jumbo marshmallow on the other square, they would look like open faced sandwiches. Microwave till marshmallow is slightly puffed (usually takes 15 to 20 secs) then sandwich the two crackers together.
Place the cracker on a microwave safe plate, put the chocolate bar on the cracker and the marshmallow on top of the chocolate. Microwave till marshmallow is slightly puffy, bring out the plate and cover with the other graham cracker square.
Some fun ideas for your microwave s’mores
Switch things up by making these variations
- Use multicolored marshmallows
- Switch up the chocolate by using Reeses’ peanut butter chocolate cups instead of regular chocolate bars.
- Nutella will make good s’mores too.
S’mores are best eaten immediately. It doesn’t take a lot of time to make so there’s really no need to make ahead. However if you like room temperature s’mores or cold s’mores. Let the s’mores cool in the refrigerator then dip in melted chocolate. Yum!Yum!
- Because of high sugar content, Microwaved marshmallows can be very hot so be careful so it doesn’t touch your skin.
- Let the s’mores set for about a minute before biting into it for the same reason above.
Common Questions about microwave s’mores
Here you’ll find answers to frequently asked questions about this recipe. If your question(s) weren’t answered in this post, please leave me a comment below and I’ll gladly answer them.
1. Can you put marshmallows in the microwave?
Yes you can. Marshmallows are microwaved in short bursts of heat stirring in between till it’s completely melted.
2. What are indoor s’mores?
Traditionally s’mores are made in the outdoors over a campfire. Indoor s’mores are s’mores that are not made over the campfire. Air fryer s’mores, Microwave s’mores and stovetop s’mores are all indoor s’mores.
3. How long do you microwave s’mores?
It takes approximately 15 to 20 secs to microwave s’mores in a 1200 watt microwave. If you have a microwave with lower wattage, like 700 watts, it may take slightly longer. Once the marshmallows are puffy and bigger then it’s ready to come out!
More Microwave recipes to try
- Microwave bacon
- How to make Microwave asparagus
- Microwave grilled cheese recipe
Check out all our >>>Microwave Recipes!
Enjoyed reading this and want to be the first to know when we hit publish on our next article or recipe? Sign up for our MADD newsletter and get all our yummy microwave recipes and tips straight into your inbox then Follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest
One more thing! We’d love to help more people, if you found this recipe helpful, please do us a favor and share it with family and friends using the share buttons. Thank you!
Love it? Pin it!
Want to learn more about microwave cooking?? We’ve got you covered. Check out our helpful Microwave Resources!
- 2 Graham cracker squares
- ½ chocolate bar
- 1 jumbo marshmallow
- In a microwave safe plate, Place chocolate on one graham square and one jumbo marshmallow on the other square, they would look like open faced sandwiches.
- Microwave till marshmallow is slightly puffed (takes about 15 to 20 secs) then sandwich the two crackers together.
- Place the cracker on a microwave safe plate, put the chocolate bar on the cracker and the marshmallow on top of the chocolate.
- Microwave till marshmallow is slightly puffy, bring out the plate and cover with the other graham cracker square.
Nutritional information is an estimate and may change based on products used. Although we try to provide accurate nutritional information, please note that nutritional data on this website should be considered estimates and used as a guide only. Under no circumstances will www.microwaveaddicts.com be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from the use of this nutritional information. You are encouraged to use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands you are using to get the most accurate information for each recipe.
This was easy to make and delicious. Thanks
You are welcome.Thank you for letting me know.