Looking for how to microwave chicken nuggets or the best way to make frozen chicken nuggets in microwave? Then you’ll love my tips on how to get tasty, less soggy microwaved nuggets that you’ll actually enjoy.
Whether you’re reheating leftover McNuggets or nuggets that’s been made from scratch, microwaving chicken nuggets is the fastest way to do so.
Can you microwave frozen chicken nuggets?
Using the microwave for frozen chicken nuggets is one of the more common ways of reheating this all time kids favorite.
Though in recent times the air fryer has taken over for obvious reasons, it gives the nuggets the much desired crispy exterior. Not to worry let me show you a hack to get your microwaved nuggets less soggy and more enjoyable.
The microwave works for this because
- It’s quick and easy
- Older kids can make these without supervision.
- No special tools or equipment needed.
What you’ll need
- Your favorite brand of frozen chicken nuggets including dinosaur nuggets (Tyson fun nuggets)
- Microwave safe plate
- Paper towels
- Heat resistant gloves
Best microwave chicken nuggets brands
These are the ones I’ve tried. The Perdue brand seems to be my favorite so far when it comes to chicken breast nuggets!
- Great value
How to microwave chicken nuggets
Step 1: Line a microwave safe plate with a double layer of paper towels.
Step 2: Arrange frozen nuggets in a single layer on the paper towel lined plate.
Step 3: Microwave 5 nuggets on high uncovered for 1½ to 2 mins and 3 minutes for 10 nuggets flipping half way through. Let it sit for a minute before serving.
What to serve this with
You can serve microwave chicken nuggets as is with any dipping sauce of your choice such as fry sauce, ketchup or bbq sauce.
Chicken nuggets can also be served with French fries, Mac and cheese or used as a topping for salads. This is also a hack to make crispy chicken sliders or burgers.
Storing microwaved nuggets
Most frozen chicken nuggets brands are precooked. So what you are basically doing is reheating them.
For this reason, I recommend reheating only the quantity that can be eaten at once. No need to store reheated nuggets and reheating it again.
- Cook from frozen no need to thaw.
- The paper towels are very important in microwave reheating because it helps absorb the moisture condensation. This hack is what helps to keep the microwaved chicken nuggets get relatively crispy and not soggy. An alternative would be using a microwave crisper plate.
- Arrange nuggets in a single layer. Do not overcrowd the plate, it’s ok to cook batches.
- If making up to 10 nuggets, half way through cooking time, with a pair of kitchen tongs, flip, then rotate the nuggets by moving the nuggets in the center of the plate towards the edges and the ones at the edges to center.
The time it takes to microwave frozen chicken nuggets will depend on the quantity you are reheating / microwaving at a time.
Most frozen chicken nuggets are precooked and frozen. I am yet to see one that’s raw. However the best thing to do is read the label of the brand you buy to confirm.
I don’t recommend microwaving raw chicken nuggets.
Dinosaur nuggets are microwaved the same way these regular shaped nuggets are microwaved. Place the Dino nuggets or a paper towel lined microwave safe plate then microwave till cooked through.
Got more questions? Leave us a comment and one of our microwave gurus would get back to you ASAP!
Enjoyed reading this and want to be the first to know when we hit publish on our next article or recipe? Sign up for our MADD newsletter and get all our yummy microwave recipes and tips straight into your inbox then follow along on Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Tiktok
One more thing! We’d love to help more people, if you found this recipe helpful, please do us a favor and share it with family and friends using the share buttons. Thank you!
Love it? Pin it!
Microwave chicken nuggets
- 10 Pieces frozen chicken nuggets
- ¼ Cup Dipping sauce
- Remove frozen nuggets from package.
- Line a microwave safe plate with a double layer of paper towels.
- Arrange frozen nuggets in a single layer on the paper towel lined plate.
- Microwave nuggets on high uncovered for 3 to 3½ minutes flipping half way through. Let it sit for a minute before serving.
- Cook from frozen.
- Don’t skip the paper towel, it helps to absorb moisture from condensation giving you a crispier outcome.
- Arrange nuggets in a single layer.
Nutritional information is an estimate and may change based on products used. Although we try to provide accurate nutritional information, please note that nutritional data on this website should be considered estimates and used as a guide only. Under no circumstances will www.microwaveaddicts.com be responsible for any loss or damage resulting from the use of this nutritional information. You are encouraged to use a nutritional calculator with the exact brands you are using to get the most accurate information for each recipe.
Want to learn more about microwave cooking? We’ve got you covered. Check out our helpful Microwave Resources!